Everyone is perfect!

Right u read it correctly, I am contradicting the famous quote “Nobody is perfect.”, but then I have my reasons.
You see I was watching this movie on HBO : The Perfect Man, and all this while I was thinking who exactly can be called a ‘perfect man’. How do you define something that complicated especially when you’re not even sure whether it exists? The movie was nearing its end when Tanuj called and here’s the part of the convo that led to this post:
Me: Hello
Tanuj: Hey Vandita :) {He always greets with a smile, u know over the phone too}
Me: Heyy!
Tanuj: kya kar rahi hai?
Me: Oh I was watching HBO.
Tanuj: whats on it?
Me: The Perfect Man
Tanuj: who’s the perfect man?
Me: It’s the name of the movie.
Tanuj: Who’s the perfect man?
pause
Me: Ummm everyone is…
Tanuj: How can everyone be perfect?
Me: for someone! {there I had said it, my reason for contradiction}
Tanuj: Who’s the perfect man for u?
Me: I don’t know.
Tanuj: I thought u knew!

I read somewhere that everyone has at least 6 or 7 soul mates and we can meet or not meet them in the course of the many lives we live on this earth. So that kinda implies that there are these people who’re perfect for us…who would make life beautiful and its just a matter of chance for us to meet them and realize who they are.
Very complicated thought and a lot is left out to destiny. But then I personally don’t believe that whatever we’re destined to will eventually come to us of its own accord. And this holds true in case of the perfect person for us too.
So back to the original question, how do we define the ‘perfect man’, how do we know if we’ve found him?
Borrowing someone else’s words which make sense:
“The perfect man can be anywhere in the world but he chooses to be with you because he’d be happier with you by his side.”
“The perfect man is someone who knows what makes you tick.”
The perfect man is someone who knows your favorite song when you haven’t even heard it yourself.
I haven’t met my perfect man as of yet, I’m not sure whether conforming to my ‘pink list’ (old or revised :P) ought to be the only criteria for judgement. But I know that when I meet him, I will know.
“Love is like friendship on fire.”… when you feel like that about someone, don’t let him slip away.

Comments

neers said…
"Love is like friendship on fire.."
Err..no comments on that!!

Ure right abt everybody having a "perfect" person to themselves. And thats only thru the other person's eyes, because i dont believe in the "perfect man" concept...That person may be the world to us,but it doesnt necessarily mean he/she is perfect. Nobody is perfect...and its fun that way!

DID i make sense :-/
IncorrigibleV said…
@bonnie
hehe i haven't said that so no comments either.
U did make sense... see when u say that the person may be the world to someone, that person is 'perfect' in the eyes of that someone. So thats what i meant by the 'perfect man' not really someone who can be referred to for the meaning of perfect by everyone...u get the drift!
i completely agree wid u... love is lk frenship on fire... n dn some... [:P]

n i think i agree wid u on d perfect man wala thing... i knw my guy isnt perfect. bt he's perfect 4 me... evn his imperfections r perfect 4 me... [:P] n im babbling cz dis post mks me wana scoot dwn 2 delhi n hug him...

muahs...
IncorrigibleV said…
@mann
awww ure so cute :)
right on its never abt finding the perfect person its abt loving the imperfect person perfectly :P hehee profound thots by mez!!
anyways tu delhi aa rahi hai na oct mein? give him bear hugs then :D
muahs and loadsa lub !!!
'Perfect'...so sweetly written..:D
n totally agree wid ur borrowed points..wish i find my 'perfect' yet imperfect coz no1 is actly perfectly as u said..bt stil he'l b 'my no.1' alwyz..n yesh i wont let him go ofcoz... :P (ne silly wud only do dt na :P)
Hugs n luv..muahs
IncorrigibleV said…
@cheri
ty ty :D
yup i hope u find ur imperfect yet perfect man soon enough.
luv ya too
hugs n muahs!
cm chap said…
I haven’t met my perfect man as of yet... Don't owrry buddy... you will when the right time arrives...
IncorrigibleV said…
@cm-chap
will let ya know when i meet him :)
Garima Sekhri said…
"love is like friendship on fire"??? wat does tht mean??
perfect man??? where do i find him??
lol
hope u find ure perfect man soon!!
IncorrigibleV said…
@garu
what that means is for you to interpret... i can't explain!
hehe cute question but i cant answer.
and hope u find ur perfect man soon too !!
:-*
The Black King said…
Finding the perfect match is a two way process --- you need to adjust some, and the other one needs to adjust some. No-one in life comes pre-packaged as the perfect fit: we need to grow into the perfect fit.
Sam said…
Love is song which doesn't make much of a sound, yet makes you want to sing and dance along with it!!
And when it strikes it strikes hard!!
IncorrigibleV said…
@black king
ure right it is a two process, but i was just talkin abt finding the person who u wanna the adjust the rest of ur life with :)...
sorry for suca late recomment!!!

@sam
hey pehle toh dhang se welcome back and secondly u flew to delhi and no one told me...how rude, next time u come sam lemme know
@ ur comment
i completely agree, very well said!
chacha said…
6-7 soulmates.. i didnt know that.. may be my ignorance... but i read and pondered.. huh and it looks ok .. can be scientifically proved too.. i guess...
IncorrigibleV said…
@chacha
oh i didnt know that either before i read up this book by a well known psychiatrist...
dunno if it can be proved or not!
Ravi Kapoor said…
beautiful article...someday I'm gonna write a looooooooooong comment on this topic but for the time being all i wanna say is...you've got an amazing grip on writing/emotions mam!

your article reminded me of that someone whom i used to love like anything back in school days..anyways..

I'll b coming back for more reading now at your blog...may be i would learn something new n deep every time :)

You take care..!

Ravi (random wanderer on web)
IncorrigibleV said…
@ravi
im honored by the serious compliment ...thanks a ton!
im glad i brought back fond memories for u and u sure are welcome to drop by here anytime, though i doubt whether u'll find anything deep here ...:P
u take care too :)
Ravi Kapoor said…
Hi,

when i said "may be i would learn something new n deep every time"..i meant the same thing which you've mentioned in the reply to Bonnie on August 19th ("that person is 'perfect' in the eyes of that someone")

I don't know about others, but for me, your article is way too deep Vandita...

Take care :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@ravi
okay now i'm more than glad. :)
thanks again.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming…Eyes wide open

Unexpected Knock

Random Update & Artwork