Happy Anniversary!

Nahi bhaee mere mom dad ki anniversary nahi hai….. and meri anniversary bhi bilkul nahi hai… u see I’m still single :P
Today infact happens to be the anniversary of a very special day in my life, its special for loads of crazy reasons and I was crazily happy that day.
Flashback to 8th August 2006
Woke up to great music in the morning, those days my alarm used to be scheduled at 8 each morning, and I would tune in to 102.6 Take Off and Time Out from 8 to 9am everyday…my cab came at around 9:05am.
I dunno what was special but I had a smile stuck to my face the entire time. As if good music in the morning wasn’t enough I got to listen to lovely music in the cab too on the way to college…but then din itna simple bhi nahi tha.
Dwarka mein our cab broke down and we had to get down start walking in order to find some bus or something. We were 9 people…Ankuj, Swati, Swati C, Deepali, Neha A, Mansi, Shalein Sir, Rajat and Me. Imagine all of us walking on the road and that’s when we passed these beautiful yellow oleanders…Shalein Sir plucked out one for himself and the kid that I am when I’m happy, I said “sir mujhe bhi chahiye”, he looked at me, smiled and plucked one for me too. Unka phool toh gir gaya tha but I was carrying mine almost like a flag …:P


We managed to get an RTV {its like a mini bus} a lil while later and we had a hard time convincing the driver to drop us to college. What followed was an immensely bumpy ride amidst all kinds of khets and khalihaans and kacchi sadke of the gaon … but I still hadn’t stopped smiling stupidly, still clutching the yellow flower in my hand I was enjoyin the adventure in the air… no care in the world about missin our first lecture…lol
We reached the railway faatak and all we had to do was to take a left turn and our college was barely 2 minutes away but the moronic driver created a huge ruckus about some kinda inter state permit that {that place is bordering Delhi and Haryana} he needed to take a left turn as in enter Delhi… so after much negotiations in vain, we grumpily got down from the RTV and decided to walk to the nearest bus stop and take a bus to our college stop from there.
Okay now boarding the bus was also a lol scene…imagine me still refusing to let go of the flower and all my friends givin me the “u’re insane” looks every 2 minutes. The bus arrived and our college stop was the next stop itself but still ideally we were supposed to take a 2 rs ticket/per person……instead here’s what we did, Rajat boarded the bus first, held out a 10rs note to the conductor and said “bhaiya bas agle stop tak jaana hai, sabke paise yeh le lo”. That guy looked at the 10 Rs note and went “kitne log hain? Chaar?”...to which Rajat replied “nahin bhaiya bas usse thode zyaada hain” =))
So as we were getting on, { I was the third in line and main ekdum mast tareeke se phool leke bus mein chadhi :P } this guy (conductor) is counting and kehta hai “yeh toh nau ho gaye” =)).
Reached college, had successfully bunked the first lecture but I attented the rest with the flower still in my hand … lord knows why I was sooooo immensely happy that day.
















I remember being lost in my own thoughts during attendance in my FCS class…I was fiddling with my black pen and I dunno why but I wrote a lil ‘P’ on the stem of the oleander, which my friends teased me a lot about later.

Oh and during our maths class Alok and I were sittin together and my phone was kept on the table in front of us, Pratham gave me a missed call in the middle of the lecture {not that I was listenin or anything :P} and Alok caught a glimpse of it, bas phir kya tha, I recall we were fighting like crazy kids right under Sattu’s {Dr. Satyaprakash, our professor} nose coz he wasn’t giving me my phone back, and kept insisting on smsing Pratham sayin “Missing you” or “I love you”. :P
It was so funny coz I was telling Alok dono likhne ka koi faayda nahi hai “he already knows!”.
Might I mention that his missed call in the middle of the class was one of the sureshot ways of turning my face into a 100 watt smile :), I loved it totally. One time my friend even saved his number as Pratham’s name in my phone and then gave me missed calls just to see me exclaiming like a lil child.
The entire day was no less fun, nothing out of the ordinary but still extraordinary!
I spoke to honey while in coll and I remember him telling me “Vands ure bubbling!”, to which I giggled even more. :)
Came back home and spoke to Bonnie…she cudnt say it enough, “Vands ure sounding so happy, ure sounding like a kid!”

8th August is special coz it reminds me of a beautiful day when I was uncontrollably happy for no reason right from the time I woke up.
Even today I sometimes measure happiness in terms of 8th August… when I say ‘I’m soooo happy, I’m 70% of 8th August today”, most people I know, know what I’m talking about!
So today, on the day that I fondly call the “Yellow Flower Anniversary”, I’m gonna celebrate and not let a worry in the world come in the way of sheer unreasoned happiness!
Spread the cheer…smile for me today.
Loads of Love

PS: Notice the ‘P’ on both sides of the remains of the yellow flower.
P.P.S: Happy Yellow Flower Anniversary! :D

Comments

hey vands... ds is such a cute post... i hv a anniv. tat i celebrate wid swati... it ws d 9th f august in 2000... it ws a few days aftr frendships day wich swati n i werent abl 2 celebrate 2gethr... so we met up tat day n pata nahi kya ho gaya tha hum dono ko... we laughd n laughd n laughd... gosh i miss dose days...
Firstly...my bache Happy Yellow Flower Anniversary my bache..
Look m al game wid U..tu smile karegi toh bhala hum sab kaisa back karien.. :) :)..:D :D..
Aussum post n also I almost had forgotten about the d date...ab se 8th August i toh pakka rememberin..wish u lods of love n luck as in each time this days comes..I told u smthng just dtz wht exctly is happenin n wil keep happenin for rest of ur life.U deserve it al gal...
Luvly post :-* >:D< :) :)
neers said…
Awesome awesome awesome post :)

U sounding nothing less than a kid in this post too! Oh god hum kitna hase the us din phone pe...one of the best days we've had together.I dont remem what i did that day,bas itna pata hai ki if u had a gr8 day and if u were super happy..then im sure i must have been (super)2 happy!

love ya
IncorrigibleV said…
@mann
hey thanks yaar :)...
and 9th august woh toh kal hi hai, good hai...aise sweet se din hamesha yaad rehne chahiye, atleast u cant be sad on those days....:P
pata hai maine kaise celebrate kiya?, i wore a yellow tshirt, my frnds wished me...swati even gave me a yellow rose right in the morning:), i drank slice (yellow drink) and treated shalein sir to one too, and of course i wished him raat ko!!

@cheri
hehehe same to u!, hope u had a good day too
and acchi baat hai na mere saath saath mere saare frnds smile karte hain :D:)
yup i rem what u said, and if it comes true...i know who to thank besides my stars ;)....love u so much
hugs and kisses

@bonnie
oh lord itni awesome thi??? mez humbled :P
i know us din toh pakka dimaag kharaab tha hamara ...definitely insane amounts of laughing at par with the "main so jaun?" day ;)
and u know what really makes my day besides of course stupid sweet things like these...its the fact that i can spread it around...i made u happy last yr coz i was happy now thats what i call awesome!!!
more love comin ur way

@everyone
love ya all loads!!!
The Black King said…
Hmm... that sounds like a cheery day even at this odd hour of the night!
IncorrigibleV said…
@black king
yup was indeed a cheery day ! :)
(the day and its anniversary both)
Luv ya too baby...
Hugs n kisses too
cm chap said…
Ha Ha.. Happy Yellow Flower Aniversary...
pratham said…
aaha... so u did manage to post it sugar...??? cool..

i love the post and i still dont have reasons why i love the post...
same like i don have reasons why i love u so much
IncorrigibleV said…
@pratham
yes honey i managed i told u what i'd do to celebrate...:)
sirf tujhse zyaada baat nahi hui thi :P
i liked writing this post too, brought back so many memories. im happy u love it
and i loveeeeeee you!!!!!
{reasons mujhe bhi nahi pata, i just treasure u}
madhavshastri said…
So, now that i knw abt it ,,
i wud say that ,,
u hav all loads and loads of fun every single moment in your life.........
IncorrigibleV said…
@Zo
hey thanks so much dear...i sure will have fun :)
Cuckoo said…
A big smile on my face. :-)

That was such a lovely post. I enjoyed every bit of it.
And yellow flowers are treasures, ain't they ?

You'll come to know of it in a few day's time. :-)

I didn't know of Pratham's presence in your life was so old.

Happy anniversary. :D

Cuckoo
IncorrigibleV said…
@Cuckoo
Im so happy about u smiling :)
Yup yellow flowers are such treasures and the funny part is that I have so many oleanders in and around the place where I live but I never noticed before this day... :P
And Pratham's presence... umm that goes back almost 2 yrs and a few months now... pretty old i guess!
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming…Eyes wide open

Unexpected Knock

Random Update & Artwork