Left me dry.


Appended to Penwork

21st Jan 2009, 12:13am

Picture a well,
once full of water,
the source of life...
many gathered around to share
their hopes and joys,
their fears and sorrows;
now all dried up
drained, empty and hollow
with nothing to offer
only memories for nostalgic fools
nothing to celebrate
nothing to experience
nothing to cherish
Resigned to fate
the well ponders...
Someone must end
this numb existence
someone must fill it up
with water, with love.

12:23am

PS: Something about the well analogy really intrigues me.

Comments

Jack said…
Vandita,

Good one with deep meaning.

I have replied to your question about MBA student in the same post.

Take care
Debasish Patra said…
"only memories for nostalgic fools"
I think, dis line is a lil rude.


interesting :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@Jack
Thanks :)
and yeah i chked and replied.
IncorrigibleV said…
@Deb
umm i didn't mean to be rude at all, just wrote what came to mind.
nice!!
i never expected YOU to write about a well!!
IncorrigibleV said…
@Harini
thanks :)
but what did u mean by ME writing abt a well? :confused:
alok said…
The bitter truth … appreciate your creation. Somehow I can associate it with the life of people staying in old-age home.
IncorrigibleV said…
@Alok
I'm glad...:)
Interesting abt the connection with people living in an old-age home, i never thought of it like that!
well youve written about so many other things and well, just that i didnt expect a post on a well.. the moon and the sky i thought, would be more like it.

lol actually, after rereading that comment, i didnt make that much sense to me either :P :P
IncorrigibleV said…
@Harini
the moon and sky huh?... I will prolly write that too sometime :P
lol@ur lol
lol!!!
now its a lol at the whole thing!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming…Eyes wide open

Unexpected Knock

Random Update & Artwork