Holdin the pen again.


31st Dec 08 3:25am
"The thread"
Small but important
lean but powerful
the thread
difficult and intangible
when all knotted up
an incredible support
when circled all around
You are the thread in my life
You tie and keep me together
And I fall apart like wreckage
when you're not around
Tie around me a permanent knot
so you can't escape and
I'm always secure.

3:30am


15th Jan 09 1:36am
"Bring it on"
I dare you to make me cry
I dare you to break me down
I dare you to crush my pieces
I dare you to ruin my peace
I dare you to make me bleed
I dare you to test my patience
I dare you to forget me
I dare you to kill me everyday
Go ahead, bring it on!

1:40am

PS : Happy New Year everyone... :) Oh and btw I got published !! :D No No not a book, just an article, please read here.

Comments

Debasish Patra said…
:)

I'm still trying to get ur mood from dese lines.I guess ur feeling spoony-n-brave :P
IncorrigibleV said…
@Deb
heyyy :)
u cudn't have said it any better :)
Zahid said…
On the brighter side,

I dare you to make me cry
I dare you to break me down
.
.
..
I dare you to kill me everyday

GO ahead bring it on !!!
I know you cant
Coz I am the thread,
I am thin yet strong;
I am strong yet pragmatic;
I am pragmatic yet I dare say this !!!
IncorrigibleV said…
@Zahid
that made me smile pretty wide :)
thanks a ton dear!
Lena said…
:)
got some sad feelings from the post, sweets. Hope you are ok.
Take good care :)

PS: article was good... and so scary actually.. i mean, the reality is indeed scary :(
Jack said…
Vandita,

Welcome back. Who is the LUCKY THREAD? Please do tell. Read the other one too. Who is being challanged.

Navigated to your published article. I too feel sad that such a thing happened. I have all my sympathy for that 18 years old who was abducted and left near Ghazibad. Also for that MBA student but with little reservation.

You can visit me here too now.

Take care
IncorrigibleV said…
@Lena
I'm ok dear...i just write and let it flow, then i feel better :)
@PS yeah its sad and scary both...
IncorrigibleV said…
@Jack
Thanks. :)
Umm both those weren't written for any one person in particular... its just a series of emotions that sometimes makes its way on paper.
Btw why is sympathy for the MBA student a lil reserved?

Yeah and I'll get around to readin everyone in a while.
Jack said…
Vandita,

Please understand I am not trying to defend or condon the act of rapists. But don't you think a girl too has to ensure that she is not asking for trouble? You may understand what I mean after reading the following paras.

A few years ago there was news of a student of JMC who had gone to Budha Jayanti Park having been raped there by PBG men. On reading this my first reaction was that they were not in the park but may be in the forest around. Subsequently it was revealed that they had slipped through gap in the fencing and were found by the PBG men in comprosing position in the forest close to grazing area of their horses. On being caught they begged them not to tell parents etc etc. This led to the rape incident. I would like that rapist to be punished but as far as the girl is concerned I would say why did she go to that seculeded spot with her boyfriend and do what they were doing? Similarly in the case of this MBA student they were at Lover's Point which is secluded and I am sure you will agree with me that they were not reciting religious prayers. Again what those boys did needs to be condemned and they punished but did the girl not do something unwanted?

Take care
Jack said…
Vandita,

May I clarify that I am not against a girl living her life the way she wants to. If boys can do what they wish, a girl has full right the same way. But unfortunately a girl is always at the receiving end. So she has to take some extra care for her own safety and well being.

Take care
IncorrigibleV said…
@Jack
honestly i didnt know that the girl was at lover's point.
anyways i see your point. Fairly justified!
Pri said…
loved the analogy in the first piece :)
good work..and congrats on getting published!
IncorrigibleV said…
@Pri
yeah I realized I do come up with a lotta intelligent analogies :P, mez prolly gonna file all of em ... glad u liked it :)

thanks a lot !

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming…Eyes wide open

Unexpected Knock

Random Update & Artwork