About to begin


I live in a beautiful house
walls colored in magenta, aqua,
yellow, blue and ebony
candles on the mantle
with flames of hope
flicker in the wind
pictures of my dreams
adorn those painted walls

I've loved being indoors
bein in my comfortable palace
then one day...
I heard a tap on my window
one that I couldn't ignore
Looked out for the first time
to see an eagle swoop down
on shards of broken glass
Not a pleasant sight
but I couldn't look away

I realize the eagle's meaning
only a lil too late
I've been here long enough
looking out won't do
I need to open the door
the door to reality
The eagle is waiting
I need to step out and
walk on the wreckage

I know it will hurt
my delicate feet
and i'm frozen at the thought
But I will carry myself through
I maybe numbed by the pain
but the agony is about to begin!

PS: Appended to Penwork, 1:10am

Comments

Sameera Ansari said…
Wow!Beautiful poem dear :)

Indeed,it does not do to dwell in a world of our own all the time.Reality is always lurking around the corner,and it's best that we welcome with arms wide open.
Sameera Ansari said…
*welcome it

P.S. Please accept this award from me :)

http://thehavensaccolades.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-love-you-blogger-award.html
Anonymous said…
:)
u knw ...what this poem told me --

Reality Check is needed... and u need to get out of yur comfort zone too :)

Thx ..and Lov
hmm.. nice.. but painful.. stepping on glass.. hmm good luck!
maverick said…
nice.. :)..

newaz howdy
Jack said…
Vandita,

Beautiful composition. One has to step out of confines may be feel the pain or agony to taste fruits of freedom in the world.

Take care
:) thats so good...
but would say nothing else take care dahling..
love ya.
madhavshastri said…
Hmmm,
pretty good,
but dis 1 has dat cold and dark feel ,
which i dn't find a part of you..
nw dat i knw u more ...
but i wish ki u wud feel better and write smthing even more brighter and inspiring...

TkCr Shona....
Garima said…
Its the most beautiful thing uve ever written on this blog!
The pain is undeniable but i know u're strong enough to deal with this..u will emerge a winner as always. Its not an end but a beginning to better and greater things..a lot of joy is waiting to hug u...
Pri said…
beautiful poem!!
i guess that makes two of us who need to step out....we have been closing in on ourselves for wayy to long now...
Debasish Patra said…
b'ful it is.
But I wonder, is the pain here *popcorn~pain*

Intresting pix too !
Ankur said…
pain is wat i see... :)

the words are good but r the emotions all right???

i hope u r doin good!!! :)

Take Care dear...

Cheers!!
Scribblers Inc said…
really nice!!nd you are winning awards I see!! :D

Scribblers Inc.
IncorrigibleV said…
@Sameera
"wow" comin from u, is indeed wow :)
i agree although easier said than done totally implies here...
@PS
thanks a ton for the award sweetie... a new updated collage is in order, i'll flaunt my mantle soon :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@Veens
thats what i told myself too... before writing though
love always... :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@Harini
thanks for the wishes dear... :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@Mav
:) thanks
mez good, how're u doin?
IncorrigibleV said…
@Jack
Thanks...
yeah u sound right...
:)
IncorrigibleV said…
@Cheri
:)
love ya too darlin
IncorrigibleV said…
@Zo
umm i didnt intend for it to be cold or dark , wrote it just like life...
as for bright and inspiring writing, lets hope i feel up for it sometime soon.
IncorrigibleV said…
@Garu
I dunno what to say, thats just a really wonderful thing to say...
love u darling *muah*
thanks for having faith in me...and everything else too.
IncorrigibleV said…
@Pri
thank u...
really? i'd sure like some company.. wud love to join u in our walk outside. :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@Deb
thanks :)
I can't answer that, I didn't understand 'popcorn~pain' :P
IncorrigibleV said…
@Ankur
yeah the emotions are all right.
i'm doin okay, pretty good actually...
u take care too :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@Scribblers Inc
hey thanks for droppin by here, am glad u liked what u read :)
award's' :D ... hehe
Cuckoo said…
I didn't know you could write poetry too !!

Beautiful words and they depict the pain so flawlessly.

Hope you are doing good.


Cuckoo
IncorrigibleV said…
@Cuckoo
hehe, i still don't think i can write poetry...
I'm doin good, thanks dear :)
Echo said…
wow..beautiful piece of work thr..really nice poem yaar..btw wat agony is bout to begin yaar??but watever it is i m sure u r strong enuf to carry urself thru it..take care gal..
Lena said…
that was beautiful dear, maybe really the best thing you have written on your blog, though indeed painful..
are you ok?
take good care, girl!
IncorrigibleV said…
@echo
am glad u liked it...
i cant really explain what agony but im happy u have the faith in me... i do too ...:)
IncorrigibleV said…
@lena
thanks sweets...
im okay, actually better than ok :)
hugs!
Ankur said…
emotions coming out directly from the heart.. isnt!!! :)

painful yet beautiful!! :)

hope u doing good!! !:)

havent seen u arnd lately too!!

Take care
Ankur
IncorrigibleV said…
@Ankur
Ive been here yaar... just have been a lil caught up, have exams from tomorrow ... will be more regular after they get over :)
Unknown said…
Rose with thorns can be painful but yet so beautiful that we can not let go of it..!! Thats how life is..reality is..!
just be happy vands..! :)
take care
IncorrigibleV said…
@Namita
Absolutely!!
:) will do, u take too dear.

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming…Eyes wide open

Unexpected Knock

Random Update & Artwork