This and That

This post was intended to be published on 11th ie day before yesterday but it got stuck in the pipeline due to lack of resources.

I had to be posting this a few days ago but couldn’t afford time coz of my exams on consecutive days. Moreover I’ve got things to add that happened just these past 2 days.
Happy times
I won’t exactly be telling you something new if I tell you that I’m crazy …:P. This is just another one of the typically crazy things that I do. Rajat {he gets a lot a mention on this space…u ought to know him by now :)} had his birthday on the 9th of this month, and I wanted to do something special … a celebration with friends, the usual cake and treat wasn’t a possibility coz we had our exams startin from the 10th but I still had to do something. Umm now what can be possibly easy on the pocket yet thoughtful and something that conveys a lot… I thought quite a lot … even took help from Cheri, Bonnie, Supriya {Thanks guys :) } and Mum and came up with well atleast ‘something original’, I was gonna embroider his name on a cloth spectacle case. Okay question…where do I go shoppin for something specific like a cloth spectacle case?? Oh when I say specific I mean I did have a lot of specifications…it had to be not printed, not girly, solid colored preferably dark colored and ya just the right size. It wasn’t a surprise that I couldn’t figure out any such place closeby…I couldn’t go shoppin all by myself in the middle of my prep leave anyways :P
So then came about the change in plans, I decided to make the spectacle case complete with embroidery with my own hands…to start from scratch I needed the fabric, I had decided on velvet {inspired by my bro’s digicam case…hehe}. I remember calling Rajat and firing away:
Me: “Hey hi…accha choose a color black, navy blue, bottle green, light grey or maroon!”
Him: “kya karne waali hai??”
Me: “Questions nahi Rajat, just answer this…gimme a color jaldi”
Him: “Dekh mera birthday aa raha mujhe pata hai, tu kuch mat kar, tujhe jo bhi karna hai exams ke baad kar lena”
Me: “pata hai! main tere birthday ke liye kuch nahi kar rahi just choose a color”
Him (after trying again a few times to ask me what I would do with his color choice): “Navy blue and silverish grey bhi accha lagega”
Me: “Okay thanks bbye !”
Question 2…Where do I find velvet, that too the size of almost an A4 sheet…itna sa velvet kahan se milega?? So I ask mum, call up friends, even inquire of the tailor closeby.
Tailor : “Velvet toh fashion mein nahi hai…bikta hi nahi hai…yahan toh kahin nahi milega!”
Me (still not losing hope): “kahin bhi nahi milega bhaiya :(?? Mujhe pehen na nahi hai, mujhe bas thoda sa chahiye kuch banana hai!”
I wasn’t goin to give up so I set out, all alone to Subhash Nagar, armed with a bag of chips to make up for my alibi at home :P in the chilly dark evening of 5th December. Kuch mila nahi I got similar disappointing replies abt velvet not being in fashion! Damn! Never mind…ab toh banana hi tha, I got home and organized a meeting with Supriya early next morning…we were gonna go velvet hunting! Haha, told mum she had some urgent work, she told her mum I had some urgent work…lol both of us had to make ‘bahanas’ coz we had just met 4 days ago. Anyways our mission was pretty successful, coz only two shops later I found what I was lookin for and even managed to convince the shopkeeper to cut out the minimum possible unit of length for me.
Post acquiring the fabric, it was almost easy, I calculated the measurements, marked em on the back of the cloth…cut it accordingly, embroidered his name in the middle and stitched the ends together to make a ‘pretty nice looking and personalised’ spectacle bag just for Rajat!
But that wasn’t just what I was gonna give him…he turned 21 on 9th so I had thought about putting 21 things together to write for him. I had to give him all of that on 7th coz we were gonna be goin to college to collect our admit cards and I didn’t wanna do it on 10th...the day of our first exam.
Umm I don’t think I ever got up that early for doin something like this but I woke up at 7:30am on the 7th only after snoozing twice only to write for the dodo. Judging by the response I got, I think I managed a fair job. :P
He was so overwhelmed with all of that, he hugged me…I call it historical coz Rajat has never hugged me before!
Take a look at what he got :)

Not so happy times
Well 7th was particularly happy but then came this absolutely bugging throat and nose thing I have goin on, my throats choked and swollen…my nose refused to stop runnin a marathon till 2 days ago and my head decided to join in the fun by pounding to imaginary drum beats the entire day!
Quite obviously I had to take some meds for the same and that was just the beginning…imagine me lying down at 2am planning to get up in the next half an hour coz I had sooo much of my course left to do for a 2pm paper yday and getting up after loads of effort at around 11:30am.:O :O :O
The first thing I said when I looked at the watch “oh crap! Im so screwed!”
Don’t even ask me how I managed to sit for the paper…
That’s not all ppl…I had a 10am paper today {don’t talk abt it, I forgot tiny bits of everything I knew…had to sit and backtrack my calculations from the answer for every question in the paper!! Royally Bugging} and now I have a 2pm paper tomorrow, a 10am paper day after and a 2pm paper again day day after…
Life gives me so much to look forward to … its super happening ! :D

More laters

P.S. A certain somethings have changed … with me, and I’m not particularly enjoying it.

Comments

Lukkydivs said…
wowowowow....such a sweetheart u r for having done so much for ur friend inspite of exams :) kudos to u vands :)

just loved the 21 sweet things u wrote for ur friend :)
IncorrigibleV said…
:) ty
btw were the 21 things readable...?? doosri side bhi printed thi 3 4 points are missin.
waise he said the same thing!
neers said…
ure the best frnd anyone could ever ask for! i can only imagine rajat's reaction...main to khushi se behosh ho jaati lol...awesome awesome!
muaaah :-*
IncorrigibleV said…
@bonnie
thanks sweetheart...
and khushi se behosh?? lol itna bhi kuch nahi kiya maine ...
hugs and kisses to u too :)
Ravi Kapoor said…
All the best for your remaining papers buddy :)
Goshhhhhhhhh....i meannnnnn Wowwwww
Man im I blessed or wht to get such a wonderful frnd.. I second Bonnie totally....n u just dunno deserve a HUG just one wont do...HUGSSSSSSSS sweets I love ya....n wow Rajat couldnt hve gt nethng better.... hez one lucky fella :D
Hugs sweets... :-*
IncorrigibleV said…
@cheri
awww im left with nuthin to say sweetie... u just showered me with so much love... as for the hugs, right back at ya, me is all smiles :)
love ya too
oh and rajat will be readin this...so @rajat u listenin to this?? ure supposed to be a lucky fella :P :D
Lena said…
wow!! you've done a great sweet lovely beautiful awesome thing :) and no wonder you have been hugged ;)
and good luck with all your papers, current or future :) :)
i wish sm1 planned me a surprise bday bash... bt hey, naseeb mein nahi hai to soch ke kya milega...

btw... m vry proud f u 4 evrythin u do 4 evry1 arnd u... n tho u will nvr agree 2 my saying so - u do a lot...
IncorrigibleV said…
@lena
*smiles* at so many adjectives :P
thanks for all the wishes :)
btw aint this the first time u came by my blog??...
welcome and i'll visit u soon too

@bubbles
yaar aise toh mat bol...abhi toh bahut bdays baaki hain. if its any consolation...this was no bash just a tiny gift that i gave him.
@u bein proud of me...that pasted the biggest smile on my face, n ure right i don't think that i do too much ;)
loadsa hugsss
Rohit Bedida said…
That's nice :) It feels great when you get a gift.. You got a hug too ;) So you must be feeling great, too!! hehe! So, finally you both had something in store for each other
IncorrigibleV said…
@rohit
yup i did feel kinda good doin all that and definitely great that day :)
i guess so did he!
black coffee said…
awesome awesome!
thats so damn cute vands..
reminds me of all the surprises i planned and pulled off.. that makes 3 birthdays and 3 valentines days.. got all nostalgic! *sigh*
very very sweet post!

and jo kuch bhi tujhe upset kar raha hai wont last doncha worry! :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@anonme
thanks a ton... sacchi dont u get another kinda high when u plan a surprise and manage to pull it off.
i just love the feelin :), the expression on the other persons face when u gift em something or surprise em is just soo worth it!
hey and share ur stories na, i mean abt the surprises acche ideas milte hain :D...read another post of mine on the same lines dated may 15th
rock on girl
Rajat said…
thanks for everything vandita!!
i havnt received anything lyk this before ! :)
n also a spcl thx to Cheri, Bonnie, Supriya, ur mum , dat cloth wala tailor master, hemming wala too !!
IncorrigibleV said…
@rajat
you're more than welcome sweetie :)
maverick said…
@vandita....tht was quite nice...actually pretty good... :)
Zahid said…
Hi pen collector !!!
(sorry if that was offending...was meant to be light herated)

Your exams seem to be going on forever !!!! the last time i visited about a year back you were still in exams lolz

And ouch ouch!!! for not havin a fren like you on bday !!! (yes ony on birthdays!!! other days anyone will do !!)

P.S : I was actually planning to buy some 15 odd notebooks and distribute it to my close frenz (of course with writing inside) when i leave college as parting gift !!!
God give me time and energy to do that !!!

cheers !!! Get finished with exams soon !!
IncorrigibleV said…
@zahid
haha pen collector :)) that reminded me of the movie "the bone collector" lol
arre yaar last time i had meant my second minors by exams and then i had practicals in nov end and now i have my end sems in december.....phew thats life for us engineers :P
and pretty honest thought there abt missin havin a friend like me only on bdays... i'd like to believe i make a difference the rest of the year too ;)
@ PS thats a gr8 idea... hope u manage to pull it off :)
Thanks i'll be back real soon .... last exam on saturday!
Sam said…
the whole thing u did for rajat ws really sweet.. few ladies do soemthing like that!! :)
and yeah.. get well soon!! :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@sam
i guess im one of the few then :P ;)
and yeah im a lot better now thanks :)
Zahid said…
*sigh* i can unstand those exams galore !!! being a so-called-to-be-engineer myself !!!

Fortunately my college doesnt hav minors only end sems !!!!

cheers...all the best..write well
Garima said…
ure sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet yaar!! so thoughtful! u make ur frnds feel so spcl! i wish i cud such things as well
love u
IncorrigibleV said…
@garu
*wide grin*
and loadsa smiles @ sooooooo
thanks sweetie
love u too

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming…Eyes wide open

Unexpected Knock

Random Update & Artwork