Disconnected

This is kinda funny…atleast I laughed at myself. :P
Aah well I’m home all the time now since my exams got over so u’d think as always I’d be glued to my comp but strangely so I had a whole lotta books to catch up on and I never really found the time until now so the 24th night or early 25th morning …whatever, when my net connection conked for the umpteenth time {I dunno whats up with MTNL, I need to keep repluggin my modem…its so buggin sometimes} I said to myself “oh lord chuck it…lemme read a bit and come back”
So I picked up my long left book Above Average by Amitabha Bagchi…imagine I was stuck on the 2nd chapter for months now :O, so I read into the wee hours of the morning, slept and woke up on Christmas afternoon (yesterday) and read some more to finally finish it up in the evening.
The funny part is that my Dad had been tryin to access the internet the entire day yesterday and he kept askin me to look into it as to why he cudnt visit any website despite replugging the modem a 100 times but I was too busy reading and I just said “I dunno Dad maybe theres something wrong with the MTNL server…stop tryin it’ll fix itself.”
When I was done with my book…and I had been away from my computer for an entire day {that btw is quite an achievement in my case ;)) } I decided to give it one last try so I replugged the modem and chked … nope not workin and I was like “this cant be right…there cant be a problem that persists this long”…so I just happen to click on my taskbar to show all the icons and what do I see… my wireless network connection icon had a lil red cross on it. Oh god how cud I have been so stupid, I was tryin to logon to the internet while I was disconnected from the network itself… LOL
Well obviously it didn’t take me more than a minute to fix that and I was finally here but I just couldn’t help but laugh at my silly self :P
Oh and I picked and finished another book last night…read it till 6am non stop: One night at the call center by Chetan Bhagat, ended up wakin up way past this afternoon and go “woah where have I been” again! …
That is just me in the hols!

Comments

:) cute..i so love u Damsie baby
lods of hugs...:-* believe me i ws so cute n the pic toh :D
Sameera Ansari said…
That was cute!Not all have the wisdom to laugh on themselves!

Btw is my memory wrong or did I see a different template the 1st time I came?Anyways,suits your style :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@cheri
lol i had to visit ur profile to make sure it was u :P
cute display name
and whats with the "location : afghanistan" ??:-/
love u too
hugs and kisses :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@sameera
oh wow i act so silly and then im called wise...
thanks sweets
and abt the template nope ive had this since forever...dunno what u saw the first time round?
maverick said…
@vandita...lol..v all ve the right to be stupid at times...i too was stupid enuf today to not to carry my hall tkt in the exm n then bargain with the invigilator to let go of the fine..lol...happens :)....

btw one night at call center is a decent book..the end's a lil funny tho..but all in all a decent read
Sameera Ansari said…
He he!I didn't really notice the header image then I guess.Anyways I loved the greenery and it inspired me to make my space green too for now :)
Pri said…
have read 'ONATCC' ...but found it rather okay-okayish...liked his (chetan bhagat's) '5 point someone' better...:)
as far as being addicted to reading and the net is concerned,that sure makes two of us :D

have fun!!
Hey dams..
My pic is there na...fir b confusion :P kya yaar... ;) newyz yeah afghanistan i keep gettin complains bout tht each time i update itz bck as afghanistan :( lemme try it once again now hope it wrks this time..n u like the name :) itz cute..yaye..u hearing sam :D
neers said…
LOL. Atleast u have books...courier me some :P
IncorrigibleV said…
@maverick
hehe finally they let u give the exam without payin na, thats imp...
ya i know even i enjoyed one night... good read plus its grippin and relatable, i read it in one go without puttin it down

@sameera
thanks...greens my color anyday! :D
IncorrigibleV said…
@pri
oh ya i loved 5 point someone...i read that long ago
haha same pinch on that
cheers!

@cheri
oh i never see the pic...its not enabled here tabhi toh pro chk ki
and what did u mean abt sam hearin...did he coin the name??
IncorrigibleV said…
@d SINNER
yup thats exactly what iam
i have fun bein silly :D

@bonnie
kya courier tune yeh sab padh rakha hai... im the one with no time durin coll
actually time hota bhi hai toh u know how big a procrastinator i am :P
Cuckoo said…
Glad that you had company of books. God knows when will I have that opportunity. Have hordes of books to read. :(

BTW, I can see we two have some common books. :)

Keep updating us.

P.S.- I do remember to take your interview if you've forgotten. Give me some more time. Loll.. I think I am taking the liberty of you all being patient. ;)
IncorrigibleV said…
@cuckoo
yeah now is the only time when i can read... no other hols thru the yr :(
i still have to catch up on loads!
*smiles*@common books... tells me we're on the same interest trail
and no i haven't forgotten abt the interview at all.... as i said earlier u take all the time u want, no worries...mez right here:)
Sweets if u ask him itz better if it comes of u his mouth...itz somethng related to his n my convo on orkut...so was wondering whthr i cud b clld so..he gve in a green signal so :D..details ask him..usko b kaam dena chahiye kuch... :P
Impressionist said…
lol! this happens with me all the time! :D when im not at home i disable the connection and when i come back i wonder why my net connection is not workin! :D

-Jeevy
IncorrigibleV said…
@cheri
sure thing i will ask him, ab toh poochna hi padega :P

@jeevy
hehe... i guess we all forget we ourselves did sometime or the other.
thanks for droppin by :)
Lena said…
cute post, but acting silly and then laugh at yourself is really wise :P
good thing that you achieved one day away from computer!! Will try to do the same during my holidays!! :D
IncorrigibleV said…
@lena
lol and thanks :)
achieved one day away from the comp just coz i was readin otherwise it never really happens with me :D
Lukkydivs said…
lolz...cool there someone i can relate myself to..wen it comes to computers and networks...but glad u corrected ur stupidity...if it were me..i would just make a call to airtel and request them to send somebody :P
Zahid said…
dear me.....And taht means you are a pen chor...err collector only in cols.....At home you are such a lazy...err sweet bird flyin..err sleepin late into the afternoons !!!

And if that was stupidity what if the modem itself wasnt there and you were frantically tryin...

sweet post !! bye!!
IncorrigibleV said…
@divya
not really ... it was stupid that i didnt look into the matter all the while when dad was tryin, if i really wudve wanted to logon i wud have noticed the mistake longgg back

@zahid
lol but yaar pen chor toh mat bol and i wasnt being lazy i wasnt just being indifferent thats why i didnt chk it earlier...
:)
Sameera Ansari said…
Happy New Year sweetie :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@sameera
right back at ya sweets...
hugs!
ceedy said…
came by from Jaggu's blog

nice blog you have here

happy new year
IncorrigibleV said…
@ceedy
thanks so much :)
A very Happy New Year to u too !
Zahid said…
The oh so thanks for blogrolling me.... you were blogrolled unofficially long ago..and i got hte time now to register it officially too !!! and have a very great new year !!!
IncorrigibleV said…
@zahid
hehe no problem...ure most welcome :)
Happy New Year to u too!
Sameera Ansari said…
Hi dear!To reply to your doubt,it's your wish.You can keep it or pass it along as well :)

P.S. Any doubts,don't hesitate to ask;nobody can know everything na!Hugs
IncorrigibleV said…
@sameera
okie since its my very first award im keepin this :)...
thanks so much sweetie
XOXO
Anonymous said…
Hehehe so cute...
pagli... deekha... I hv affected u a bit atleast!! [;)] hehehe
IncorrigibleV said…
@divs
lol i guess u have ;))

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming…Eyes wide open

Unexpected Knock

Random Update & Artwork