Un Dos Tres

Un

I wasn't sure if I was even gonna be able to make time to go but I did... and went to the NSIT fest with my friends today. And guess what? I flew...:)

One of the events that was happening at this fest was Para sailing except that I didn't get to fly over a water body, 'twas a soccer field instead. I was very indecisive before doin this, ummm no I wasn't scared but a tad bit nervous... I just wanted to do it right and not have like a terrible fall, or fail to lift off the ground and embarrass myself in front of my friends.
Thankfully none of that happened and I managed just fine... infact I even was told later by the instructor, the guy driving the jeep that I did pretty well :)... {Oh I have to tell you about him, he was wearing a pale pink tee, had some kinda moisturiser lotion applied liberally on his face... prolly to protect his 'delicate' and 'sensitive' skin from the wrath of the afternoon sun, had this oh-so-urban accent and threw his hands around a lot to add animation to whatever he said. I remember Namita commenting "yeh thoda dheela nahi hai??" :P}

Doli and Rajat also pointed out that I attained more height than Namita who happens to be a lot lighter than me. But anyways that was all later, in the moment... up there the only thing in the my head was this "wowwwww" feeling. I was goin "yoo hoooo" in delight and I totally felt like I had finally found my wings. The momentary high though too short for my liking was still worth every second.

Dos

My landphone needs to be surrendered tomorrow and therefore I'm gonna have to do without access to the internet for a few days. Before u ask, lemme explain... the new 'house' mentioned here and here is the place that I'm goin to be living in for quite some time now. The place I've been known to callin home for 12 years now is finally sold off... its a done deal and we're vacating it on Monday. Obviously I'm not thrilled about this but it is just something that I will have to endure before we can find alternate ways to come back to Delhi...
Okay so that's that, since we're moving Monday I won't be able to connect to the net before Tuesday. Will miss you while I'm gone :)

Tres

The last part of this post is for Le Titre, the monthly photo contest at Cuckoo's. The theme for this month is Life and Death and here's my entry...
This picture is in half and half, the left part of it has leaves in beautiful shades of green... signifying freshness, hope and life, whereas the right part of it has the remains of once blooming roses now dead from being chopped off...but only to give way to life again, maybe in a new color, a new flower, a new idea, a new smile.

PS: Do comment on the post below as well, if u haven't already read it that is. I will reply to all on Tuesday :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
you really flew... woooh .. i enlarged the pix and i believed it
Solitaire said…
Come back soon miss pretty girl on wings! Good luck with the move.
Lena said…
someone experiences a flight :D
Must be an awesome feeling :)
Cuckoo said…
Wasn't that an amazing feeling ? On top of the world ? :-)

Have you read my posts on parasailing in Panchgani over the hills and then again in Goa over the sea ?? I did both and more higher & covered more area.

It was like an adventure !! I can imagine how you felt !

Keep flying !! ha ha ha..
lukkydivz said…
wooooow that was some fun...
be back soon vands
never doubted your photographic senses ;)

takecare
Cяystal said…
Too coool! ;)
Glad to see the fun you had/
Echo said…
wow having done para sailing myself i can imagine wat u must hav felt!its the most amazing feeling!flyiiiiiing up in the air!!cant really forge the exp ever!
bout d new home...tho u must b sad bout leaving a place u hav lived in for so many yrs..but new homes r fun too..d best part being decorating ur new room!
pic is nice...all the best for ur competition!!
Jagjit said…
i m nw to ur blog. it's interesting...
Meghna said…
Vandita di....Cool....I wish I wer ter with u LOL!

:P
Debasish Patra said…
Wow..I know how it feels.
I had done this for the 1st time..in class-9, NCC mein..

Gawd, it was so so much fun!
Well, my landing was not dat perfect...But the whole thing was amazing !
madhavshastri said…
Dat sounds fun....
n i think u were really happy doin it....
So, Keep flyin........
n do enjoy
But don't be so up in d sky datu can't even see sm1 cry.....
pta nai kuch aur rhyme nai huya??
neways...
keep smiling.....
Jack said…
Vandita,

Para sailing is really a big fun. It really gives you a big HIGH.

Where have you moved?

Take care
Pri said…
having some real wild fun eh? ;)
have fun dear...always knew ur born to soar to great heights :p

ohh and must say that the pic is real cool..and ur interpretation of it is awesome :)

cheers!
Ankur said…
wow... looks like u r having an amazing time... have fun girlie and go much higher!!! :)

Cheers!!!
Zahid said…
Guess what people will see when they look at this ??
"BIRD FLU" Err... "BIRD FLEW"

By the way feel so bad for the old house... A house is something which is very difficult to change !!
Ankur said…
Diwali is a joyous celebration of lights. It is an occasion to rejoice in
the victory of good over evil 'n of light over darkness. Wishing you all
and to your friends/ family/ relatives/ acquaintances on this festival of
lights with my warm greetings. Wish them happiness, peace 'n prosperity 'n
hope their Diwali becomes a memorable one.
Jaggu said…
Hey how r u? You are tagged.:)
cm chap said…
Yea read the news on BBC... that "You attained more weight than Namita"
Toon Indian said…
I really miss my alma mater..NSIT..did u explore the campus waise there's nothing much to explore except untamed unwilderness :)..
Sameera Ansari said…
Wow!Congrats on having done a successful first para-sailing/gliding!You must have felt like a bird :)

I loved your entry for the contest,good luck for it dear!