An eventful start
As the title suggests I’m writin about the pretty eventful start to my new year, the past two days have been fairly good.
On the 1st I was to meet this friend of mine around 12ish which got postponed and I ended up waitin for him for almost 2 hours… I mean his message so I could leave home.
If there’s the one thing I absolutely hate doin its ‘waiting’ with no means to kill time but its almost ironic coz waiting is something I can actually be hired to do, I have that much experience in it :P…nonetheless I hate it, but can’t help but not do it.
So almost close to 3pm I see this guy entering the mall where I was waiting and I smile :)
That’s just what I felt like doin for the next three and a half hours that we were eating and chatting away to glory…oh it was loads of fun. I loved it, each bit.
Gotta hear some practical advice too, which I’m glad I heard and I’ll surely work on putting it into practice.

Flash forward to my Mum constantly reminding me that I’ll definitely get late for my interview with the US Embassy if I continue sleepin…lol, yeah I slept late at night again, can’t help it. I got up after quite a lot of effort and got ready, obviously Mum kept doin the “kal raat ko bhi late soyi hogi!, tumhara koi routine toh hota hi nahi hai…” ‘usual’!
I managed to finally reach the embassy at 11:55 for my 12:15 interview time slot. Oh but little did I know that I was in for some massive time killing…imagine it took me more than 4 hours in queue before I was finally issued the visa {yeah I got it :D, dunno for how long though, the passport’s awaited}.
I know waiting for 4 hours counts as eventful but that wasn’t it, the reason why the day turned out to be almost memorable was because I made two new friends … GS and AL!
Will sure keep in touch guys, today was good fun :)
Funnily we didn’t even know each other’s names for the first hour and a half that we were in the queue together…:P. GS: This guy actually broke the ice, started with his endearing address “paaji” for AL and typical humored comments for me.
AL on the other hand was more on the ‘smiling, enjoying but not giving silly suggestions’ side.
It was super fun especially since GS came up with a pretty cool way to spice up the old bird watching ritual ;)… I was the judge and that’s how he won a bet, so AL had to treat us to coffee.
Many more moments that made me smile, most of which will come back to me whenever I flashback to this day.
Oh and when I said that I made friends, it wasn’t just coz we talked and timepassed together, it was also coz I’m confident of not losing touch completely…courtesy orkut for now, lets see where it goes later.
Happy 2008 ppl…love
On the 1st I was to meet this friend of mine around 12ish which got postponed and I ended up waitin for him for almost 2 hours… I mean his message so I could leave home.
If there’s the one thing I absolutely hate doin its ‘waiting’ with no means to kill time but its almost ironic coz waiting is something I can actually be hired to do, I have that much experience in it :P…nonetheless I hate it, but can’t help but not do it.
So almost close to 3pm I see this guy entering the mall where I was waiting and I smile :)
That’s just what I felt like doin for the next three and a half hours that we were eating and chatting away to glory…oh it was loads of fun. I loved it, each bit.
Gotta hear some practical advice too, which I’m glad I heard and I’ll surely work on putting it into practice.

Flash forward to my Mum constantly reminding me that I’ll definitely get late for my interview with the US Embassy if I continue sleepin…lol, yeah I slept late at night again, can’t help it. I got up after quite a lot of effort and got ready, obviously Mum kept doin the “kal raat ko bhi late soyi hogi!, tumhara koi routine toh hota hi nahi hai…” ‘usual’!
I managed to finally reach the embassy at 11:55 for my 12:15 interview time slot. Oh but little did I know that I was in for some massive time killing…imagine it took me more than 4 hours in queue before I was finally issued the visa {yeah I got it :D, dunno for how long though, the passport’s awaited}.
I know waiting for 4 hours counts as eventful but that wasn’t it, the reason why the day turned out to be almost memorable was because I made two new friends … GS and AL!
Will sure keep in touch guys, today was good fun :)
Funnily we didn’t even know each other’s names for the first hour and a half that we were in the queue together…:P. GS: This guy actually broke the ice, started with his endearing address “paaji” for AL and typical humored comments for me.
AL on the other hand was more on the ‘smiling, enjoying but not giving silly suggestions’ side.
It was super fun especially since GS came up with a pretty cool way to spice up the old bird watching ritual ;)… I was the judge and that’s how he won a bet, so AL had to treat us to coffee.
Many more moments that made me smile, most of which will come back to me whenever I flashback to this day.
Oh and when I said that I made friends, it wasn’t just coz we talked and timepassed together, it was also coz I’m confident of not losing touch completely…courtesy orkut for now, lets see where it goes later.
Happy 2008 ppl…love
Comments
Congratulations on visa and new friends!! :)
ANd yeah me too had an experience withthe passport office....entered at 9 am and left at 4:30 pm....Imagine what hell broke loose over me !!!
thanks guys :)
*smiles*
@bonnie
lol u were impressed, i thot u'd say u expected it :P
@zahid
hehehe for him IST might mean indian stretchable time na :P
WOW!
Congrats!
and whats the visa for????
same to u and thanks :)
@solitaire and durjoy
thank u and the visa is a visitors visa to US, im yet to get my passport dunno how long they've stamped it for
And yes...just because of Orkut, I've discovered 75% of my school time friends!!
Take care :o)
Ravi (a reader of your blog)
lol i know u read my blog... and im honored to get ur regular comments :)
thank u
A very Happy New to u too, hope it brings loadsa joy into ur life :)
im just really happy now...hopin its rubs off on u too
Congratulations on getting the visa for U S of A :o)
Have a safe journey, mam!
thanks for the wishes, i'll let ya u know if and when im goin
@sam
happy new year to u too buddy...oh btw u also callin me dams now? :P
Lodsa wishes n hugggss...love ya lods
:)
love u too sweetie
thank u girl... :)
and yeah B1/B2 visa ... tourist i mean