Me … will soon be ‘applying thought’

For those who didn’t quite figure that out, lemme shout it out loud…I am officially a future Wiproite now! Yup I got placed with Wipro Technologies :)
{Yippie…see Divya I’m back with a yippie post as u said :D}

I’ll start with 30th night, the night before Keane India was supposed to come to the Noida campus for recruitments…the night in a nutshell was sleepless; I had finally shut my books at 12:30am hopin to wake up at 5:30 to study some more before I leave home at around 7am but when does my life go according to plan??
I finally slept a few minutes past 3:13am and had jitters in the morning when I woke up at 6:37am.
Flash forward to me sitting for the written paper for Keane which was cakewalk to be honest…but since the result came way past 4pm we were all exhausted waiting.
The next round was to be the GD, i was in group #99 and was called in after waiting for almost 2.5 hours. Our topic: “Should India sign the nuclear deal or not?” I have no qualms about admitting that in addition to the fact that I get cold feet with the mention of group discussion, I had zilch idea about the topic so well it didn’t come as a surprise when I didn’t get through. I was okay but a tad bit disappointed especially when I heard questions in surprised tones “How come u didn’t get through?? ...u speak well!”
A couple of my friends did get past the group discussion followed by the technical and HR interview and majority of those are now happily placed with Keane India… Congrats u guys…Swati, Dunut, Lov :)
Came home at 12:45 am with mixed feelings, needed to get a peaceful sleep but I just couldn’t stop goin over the day and thinking of what all I needed to do differently the day after i.e. Saturday 2nd Feb. Finally hit the sack at around 3 and slept a lotttt. All of Friday was spent in bed and it was almost late evening when I started reading my books tryin to complete my TDL in time. Was done for the night at 1:30am, wanted to wake up early and do some more but I just wasn’t getting sleep. Tossed and turned in my bed endlessly till 3:43 when Swati msged to wish me luck. When I replied, she called back and told me to sleep or I would definitely be headachy all through the day. I tried music, was listenin to it till 4:45am but still no sleep in sight. I was scared, tensed, and all zoned out. Managed with less than an hour of sleep and woke up at 5:50 …
By the time we were given the paper to solve it was 12:19pm and I was very sleepy.
Results came at around 5pm, finally my name was announced after Rajat’s “Rajat Dhingra CSE, Vandita Naroola CSE” and we both made our way across to our friends who’s names had already been called out. Let out a deep breath, was relieved to say the least.
327 ppl out of the 1100 who took the test were now left in the Audi and we were given the PPT (Pre Placement Talk) by a Wipro employee. After that we were to proceed for our technical interviews. I remember tryin to cram in whatever I could at the last moment and my legs shaking till 8pm which is when my interview finally happened. Had called Dunut to fill me in about our summer project, thank god I thought of callin him…I realized that I remembered nothing abt it before I called him. Also spoke to Honey, he told me that I would surely get in and that I should stop fretting.
So I walk and sit myself down with a “Good Evening Sir” in front of J, my interviewer…he asked for my CV and started with “Tell me about yourself” and I was like oh shit this is an HR ques, why is he askin me this, I’m so not prepared…what do I say…but then I couldn’t keep mum so I somehow managed to put forth what I had thought I would.
“What do you think of Delhi?”
Me thinking, wasn’t this supposed to be a tech interview…what’s goin on? I guess he was scanning my resume and preparing to grill me coz after I was done babbling about how I like the people of Delhi he began with the real cannon shots.
Sincere advice to everyone who would be givin a tech interview…Zahid this means u coz I don’t rem anyone else who would need advice based on experience…please be thorough with anything you put on your CV, they will ask u stuff from there, remove stuff you haven’t brushed right before the interview and are not comfortable answering questions about.
Some 10 15 questions and answers later J thankfully took out the HR form from his file and handed it to me. This meant I was through to the next round and boy was I happy!
4 hours and 4 pages of the HR form later this really cute looking HR guy came looking for a Vandita Naroola. Hey that’s me! Guess what I didn’t even know my name had been called out I was on the phone talkin to Dad and I had to hang up abruptly with “Ok Bye Dad!” I wasn’t expecting my name to come on for atleast an hour so I was totally unprepared. Maybe it was C’s smile (the cute lookin HR guy) that put me at ease or maybe it was just meant to happen that way but my HR interview was as smooth as butter. I was done in less than five minutes and only four questions. After the interview C gave me a really nice smile, shook my hand and told me that they would let me know of the results after they wrap up the entire process which meant waiting for hours but I was smiling wide. :)
I couldn’t believe what had just happened, I walked in the room where the rest of us were waiting to be interviewed and judging by my smile, they knew it had gone “super”. Called Dad, informed Honey… and then the wait began.
Got back home at 3:30am without knowing the result, without having had a morsel of food for dinner…but strangely satisfied and happy.
3rd Feb 08 8:00am Kartik writes “Congrats sweetie!” and that’s when I knew that I was gonna be a Wiproite. Kartik, Ashish, Rajat and Namita had also made it and I couldn’t be happier.PS: Starting to blog hop just now. Feels good to be back home in Blogsville.
Image Credits: deviantART
Song of the Moment: Race - Pehli Nazar Mein (Atif is sounding so sexy!)

Comments

umangexuberance said…
congratulations vandy!!!
me first!!
i am really glad you did it and i can understand how excited you must be
it will take some time to really sink in
but ab to masti ke din aa gaye
no more tension and khub sari aish :D
and we missed you at blogger
glad you are back
*huuuuuuuuugs*
take care
Jaggu said…
Congratulations Vandita. All the best.
Cuckoo said…
Congratulations and jubilations !

Nice recount of tensions and uncertainty there but in the end you won, that's all matters.
Really happy for you. All the best for future.
congos... u already knw wt i said 2 u aftr u sent me a msg gvin me d gd news... i knew u wd do it... i knew it... [:D]
Pri said…
heyyyy congratulations...great job!!
this asks for a biggg celebration...
let me know when and where ur treating us ;)
Ravi Kapoor said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome To Wipro :o)

I've been working with Wipro for the last 3 years now (me based at Wipro BPO) and your appointment has come at that moment, when I'm planning to leave my job and work full time from home!
(have decided to become a full time professional blogger as I'm fed up of this 9-5 job and want to work for myself now)

I'm glad, you cracked the interview and got placed at one of the brightest IT firms of India :o)

Here's wishing you all the best in your career, mam :o)

Take care!
neers said…
congrats...im super happy for u...also for another reason ;)
busy-writer said…
congratulations!!!

best of luck :)
gypsy said…
congrats.......

we all dsrv a treat ...dont u think so..he eh...

:D enjoy gal...
Sameera Ansari said…
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!Congratulations sweetheart!Way too cool :)

Treat treat treat!!!

Good luck for a bright career dear!God Bless You.Hugsss
Sameera Ansari said…
Thanks so much for going through the previous posts dear,I am touched!
KP said…
congrats.....:)
IncorrigibleV said…
@umang
thank u sooo much ...it feels so good to know that i was missed :)
masti toh kar hi rahe hain but abhi exams bhi hain.
huuugs right back at ya

@jaggu
Thank u dear
IncorrigibleV said…
@cuckoo
:)
thank u...i just wanted to wrote everything...coz again this is the only way to preserve it.
am glad u liked readin it.

@bubbles
:D i knew u knew...so did many other ppl, i love u guys for having so much confidence in me ...
hugsss
IncorrigibleV said…
@pri
ty ty
and celebration toh pakka hogi, aap batao tussi kithe phir main treat ka venue karti hoon :P

@ravi
Thanks for the grand welcome. I had no idea u were with Wipro too...waise i won't be working just now, joinin wud be sometime at the end of next yr...i still have 3 sems to go for my engg to finish
Btw am just curious, what exactly do u mean by full time professional blogger...how is that a career option ?
Thanks again ... u take care too!
IncorrigibleV said…
@bonnie
i know all the reasons...thanks
love u :)

@busy-writer
thank u so much :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@neha
thanks
pakka pakka...dasso kithe deni hai :P

@sameera
lol at the lonnnng Wow. Thanks sweetie :)
Hugs and more to u
treat ... hmm lemme think if i can give u guys something online, since i ought to be treating everyone here.
lemme know if u have any suggestions ;)

Oh and abt readin the posts...thats what ive been doin since yday...and now im glad to have finished readin everyone's blog and every single post that i missed...lamba process tha!
U needn't thank me for the same, i wudnt miss readin u anyways.

@KPs View!
thanks so much!
Ravi Kapoor said…
Well...as you already know that I've a blog on Indian Cinema (Bollywood) and it's generating a fair amount of revenue every month (through ads etc).

I'm working on 3 more blogs right now which are based on Hollywood, Humor and Tech News.

And, I'm sure, once I've all 4 of these blogs fully operational, I would be earning enough revenue from these sites which would cover all my monthly expenses!

I've seen people working from home full time through blogging about something they are passionate about.

And vaise b, after working for so long (I've been working since 1992 right after I gave my 12th boards) I just felt to take it easy and now, I would take orders..only from self :)

Take care!
IncorrigibleV said…
@Ravi
oh thats cool...i knew that u write abt bollywood and other stuff but i didn't know that u earn from it.
is it dependent on ppl clickin on ads in ur blog or u get paid otherwise too ...i'm talkin abt google adsense here, coz that only works if ppl click on the ads na?
And if u wanna sit back and take it a lil easy now...I'd say very well deserved, go do what ur heart wants :)
All the luck!
Lena said…
Congratulations, girl!!
You have surely deserved it!! Good luck for your career and welcome back to Blogger!! :)

You are such a sweetheart, reading all our posts! :)
Take care!
IncorrigibleV said…
@lena
Thank You dear :)
And it sure feels good to be back, though i agree its pretty time consuming to come back and be all updated but definitely worth it :)
Love...
Ravi Kapoor said…
Yup! You get paid when a visitor clicks on those ads (curiosity killed the cat right!)

The idea is to blend those adsense ads in your content in such a way, that people (who are reading your content in one shot) cannot differentiate between the actual content and an ad..

Apart from adsense, I also use couple of other ad networks and, occasionally I write a guest article for some major site/publication...also I like to network with people i come across in life (you never know who might come handy, in future) and of course, word of mouth is the biggest marketing tool for anything.

Right now, you've a personal blog...however, later in life..when you are settled down (career and marriage etc) may b then you should consider having your own thing, mam :o)
IncorrigibleV said…
@Ravi
hmm thanks for the insight, thats a pretty good way to make money...doin what u enjoy :)
PS: I dunno if i've told u this but i really like it when u call me Mam :)
black coffee said…
congratulations!
and now i know wat u meant by flash forwards! :)
so happy for you!!
love,
akki
IncorrigibleV said…
@akki
thanks sweetie
but how are the flash forwards connected with this post...mez confused!
love...
Ravi Kapoor said…
Oh Okies :o)

In 1995 (when I was in my final year of college) I joined the hotel industry and worked there for around 11 months.

In those 11 months, we were taught so many chapters on Hospitality, Mannerism etc etc.

My habit of saying "Mam" is the result of those 11 months :o)

Also, I address a female "Mam" only if:

# I don't know her
# Out of sheer respect
# we are not friends or close associates

However, the moment, that female becomes a good friend, all this "Mam" business is out of fashion :o)

Anyways...Thank You for complimenting my mannerism!

Trust me, you're the first one to acknowledge my habit :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@Ravi
ohho...phir toh u wont call me mam when im a better friend?
lol i actually have heard that a lot coz my dad was in the army so there everyone is maam and sir..., it used to be so sweet to hear even officers (dad's juniors) callin me maam and young lady and all that. :)
Ravi Kapoor said…
Oh yes!

I've attended couple of army weddings and parties and I did observed sirs n mams floating around at those events!

When I was working with TOI (times of india), my manager's brother was in the army and whenever he used to visit our office, he would always address me as sir and all the other females as mam!

I guess, addressing everyone sir/mam = being polite, humble and respectful.

On this note...if you don't mind...I would like to add you as a buddy on my messenger...it's very hard to find someone genuine..

maybe we can exchange couple of hellos, if we r online at the same time..

# if your answer is Yes! then lemme know

# if your answer is No! then pls ignore this comment..

Thx!
IncorrigibleV said…
@Ravi
sorry my net conked just before i cud read ur latest comment.
and i know u were at TOI, recently found out from Neha aka d sinner's blog.
Abt the messenger thing, sure :) infact i think u have ur yahoo id on ur blogger profile i'll add u myself!
Ravi Kapoor said…
Ok..as you say!

Normally, I'm always online on gtalk but if me@home, then I'm online on all the messengers courtesy meebo.com

In fact, you can have a Live chat with me on my blog itself (provided me online that moment)

Anyways..thanks for your time :)

Take care, mam!
IncorrigibleV said…
@ravi
uhmm i dunno i tried addin u on yahoo just now... but it said that u denied my request :-/
anyways i'll give u my id see if u can add me there...its '.....'
Ravi Kapoor said…
Ok!

You're added :)

Thanks!
freesherry said…
congos vands!!
well done girl
ab to full on masti and partying :)

PS: agree with you about atif :D
Dusty Fog said…
great place to work. Have a lovely career ahead.
Iam so sorry to come here late but nevertheless... :))))) as usual im super happyyyyyyy...n tht day i ws jumping myslf n spreadng d world hey vands has gt selected n shez a Wiproiteyaye yaye... \:d/
Congoz it ws obvio na tht u had to rock :)))))))
Hugs n lodsa love
XOXO ;)
Lukkydivs said…
oh oh oh..how come i missed this post of yours :x

Brought back the cold memories of my campus interviews :D and surprisingly... group discussions fetched me a niche :D

Congratulations sweetu :) and welcome back :)

love and hugs :)
Anonymous said…
Bebbbbbbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, congs a lot....being an ex-wiproit i can tell u wud have a great life up there n u wud njoi......

Welcome to the ad mad world of IT bebe!!!!!!!

party kaha he ?
Anonymous said…
Train ing kab se he ? Gurgaon me ?
congo!!!!!!!!! so big-time exxcited huh????? n yeah i guess both of us are yippppppe ing quite a bit...the dogs-day thing is wrking...dont u think so?
IncorrigibleV said…
@sherry
thanks so much dear...
and haan thodi masti toh ki thi, but abhi exams round the corner toh padhaai bhi karni hai :P
*big grin* @ PS

@Dusty Fog
Hey thanks for the wishes and thanks for dropping by :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@cheri
arre kya sorry kyun bol rahi hai...u can comment anytime sweetie
and i know u were reallllly happy for me, i was sleepy when u called but i could still figure out the enthu dripping from ur voice :)
I love it when u 'yaye' for me :)
Hugs and Kisses and loadsa love darlin :)

@divvi
arre never mind u found it now :)
Thanks sweets...i'm very happy to be back.
Love and hugs right back at ya >:D<
IncorrigibleV said…
@ashu
sahi mein? u were in Wipro Tech, supercool...
thanks so much and party well sab bol rahe hain...yahin rakhungi phir will convey plans after they are finalised.

abt the trainin well usme abhi bahut time hai...we'll get our joinin sometime b/w oct to dec 2009 and kahan hogi yeh pata nahi they took preferences from us...so gurgaon is obviously our first preference

@harini
thanks dear...yeah kinda excited
lol @dog day thing...yes it prolly works ;)
maverick said…
hey congrats on getting thru....wipro is a nice company to start ur career with...alot of my frnds r there n doing well...im sure u ll do good there...the post reminded me of my placements days during engg..n how much fun it was :)...congrats...btw blog updated :)
Solitaire said…
Welcome back!
And congratulations!!!!!!!!!
IncorrigibleV said…
@maverick
thanks so much, and yeah i am chkin ur blog...
webby from kanyakumari :)

@solitaire
thanks sweets
*hugs* and *smiles*
badshah khan said…
mubaraka .....all the best
IncorrigibleV said…
@badshah khan
thank u hai ji :)
Anonymous said…
Lol! Congrats Vandita. You reminded me of my placement time last year..kinda similar! :)

Congrattssssss once more :)
nd you've got a nice blog here!!
IncorrigibleV said…
@preetha
thanks u so much. Am glad i refreshed memories for so many ppl :)
Thanks for likin my space...keep droppin in :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@rohit
hey thanks...and special thanks for the 50th comment..that has never happened on any of my posts :)
Rendezvous said…
so when are you joining??? and btw training kahan hai??? and hey!!!! mez will be in delhi this weekend.. i was thinking to have a bloggers meet this weekend.. i will write a blog on this one..

lets see if ppl turn up and say a yes for it... it happens in mumbai and i think in blore too...

waise, agar lemme know ur profile, i can try for something better for you.. after all been 2 yrs in this industry, can certainly try for better opportunities.. in case you want.... :)....

and u can blogroll me yaar, no need to ask me.. ur already added to blog list :) .. jainrohit77@gmail.com is my id..u can add me .. take care...

keep visiting :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@rohit (felon)
arre joinin mein abhi bahut time hai...i'm still in my third year of engg...will pass out in may 2009 and joinin will be sometime in oct - dec 09...
trainin ka bhi abhi pata nahi, they gave us choice of places...lets see
and bloggers meet this weekend?...sounds good but mere exams hain monday se...i know it happens in mumbai and blore, delhi mein bhi hona chahiye but uske liye time and notice pehle se dena padta hai...abhi nahi ho paaya toh kabhi dobara try karna :)
and thanks a lot for the mention rohit, i'll certainly bug u for advice once im tryin off campus and other stuff ...
oh and i already blogrolled u, added u on gtalk as well :)
u take care too
Adheeth said…
hey congrats!!!
im working in wipro!!! :D

http://www.justascrap.com
IncorrigibleV said…
@Adheeth
thank u so much ...
where are u working...i mean which place?
Adheeth said…
Which year you are in now? 3rd?
IncorrigibleV said…
@adheeth
yeah 3rd year, 6th semester

Popular posts from this blog

Dreaming…Eyes wide open

Unexpected Knock

Random Update & Artwork