Reason, Season or Lifetime ???

The following in an email i might have received quite a few times from different people, but the reason why I'm writing about it follows right after:
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.!
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant .
Hmmm this looks like something I would read and not think about on a perfectly normal day but I've been thinking about how its so true these past few days that I had to write about it.
On Wednesday I spoke to one of my very close frnds after like 2 weeks or so.... she had come back from hostel, wanted to meet me last week but I think I was either busy or caught up or just plain lazy, i didn't even call her...to find out plans :(. On Friday when I was out to meet another frnd of mine she called and told me that she was goin back to hostel and wanted to talk, she sounded mad of course coz i hadn't even called. I told her I was out and would call her when I get home but guess what I didn't, then I had my vivas from Monday ... so when I finally spoke to her it was Wednesday! No wonder she was mad...she was tellin me that she had even thought to herself that she won't try to call or talk to me anymore.... I mean how dumb could I have been....I did apologise and we're fine now but that just got me thinking how it sometimes happens that we do such stuff to our frnds unintentionally... and sometimes don't even realise till its too late.
Today I went and met my friend, shes moving to hostel for her MBA and shes leaving on Monday. It was so strange when she talked about the same thing....she said that she'd lost touch with so many people over the past 6-7 months and now she would have to scan her phonebook thinking who to call.
I really don't know who to blame for such a situation...its so easy to say that it happens and its pretty much natural but then again there's no overlooking the fact that it hurts.
Way back in November I was having this conversation with Bonnie when i was impressed with myself for comin up with the 'thought allocation' theory [:P] which I'm gonna explain right now.
We were talkin about how she thought (or was compelled to think) that she had changed and she wasn't able to give time to some people. I myself get to hear that so many times that I'm beginning to forget old timers...and really not that I'm forgetting but it so happens that theres less and less to talk about with anybody who u dont talk to on a regular basis.
What actually changes is not "you" it is your "thought allocation", meaning the type and amount of thought you allocate to 'a' particular person might not be the same as what that person allocates to you. And it is precisely this imbalance that is the root cause for things to turn sour or cold.
I realise that all your relationships (friends) can be broadly classified into two categories:
The type of people who you never leave a link with, you can catch up with them anytime & The type of people who if u aren't in touch with for sometime, you feel lost the next time you meet them.
If you think carefully all of us come in some category for different people.
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person. When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support, to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend and they are. They are there for the reason you need them to be. Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand. What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled, their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.
Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to share, grow or learn. They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.!
LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons, things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant .
Hmmm this looks like something I would read and not think about on a perfectly normal day but I've been thinking about how its so true these past few days that I had to write about it.
On Wednesday I spoke to one of my very close frnds after like 2 weeks or so.... she had come back from hostel, wanted to meet me last week but I think I was either busy or caught up or just plain lazy, i didn't even call her...to find out plans :(. On Friday when I was out to meet another frnd of mine she called and told me that she was goin back to hostel and wanted to talk, she sounded mad of course coz i hadn't even called. I told her I was out and would call her when I get home but guess what I didn't, then I had my vivas from Monday ... so when I finally spoke to her it was Wednesday! No wonder she was mad...she was tellin me that she had even thought to herself that she won't try to call or talk to me anymore.... I mean how dumb could I have been....I did apologise and we're fine now but that just got me thinking how it sometimes happens that we do such stuff to our frnds unintentionally... and sometimes don't even realise till its too late.
Today I went and met my friend, shes moving to hostel for her MBA and shes leaving on Monday. It was so strange when she talked about the same thing....she said that she'd lost touch with so many people over the past 6-7 months and now she would have to scan her phonebook thinking who to call.
I really don't know who to blame for such a situation...its so easy to say that it happens and its pretty much natural but then again there's no overlooking the fact that it hurts.
Way back in November I was having this conversation with Bonnie when i was impressed with myself for comin up with the 'thought allocation' theory [:P] which I'm gonna explain right now.
We were talkin about how she thought (or was compelled to think) that she had changed and she wasn't able to give time to some people. I myself get to hear that so many times that I'm beginning to forget old timers...and really not that I'm forgetting but it so happens that theres less and less to talk about with anybody who u dont talk to on a regular basis.
What actually changes is not "you" it is your "thought allocation", meaning the type and amount of thought you allocate to 'a' particular person might not be the same as what that person allocates to you. And it is precisely this imbalance that is the root cause for things to turn sour or cold.
I realise that all your relationships (friends) can be broadly classified into two categories:
The type of people who you never leave a link with, you can catch up with them anytime & The type of people who if u aren't in touch with for sometime, you feel lost the next time you meet them.
If you think carefully all of us come in some category for different people.
Theres another question I would like all of you guys to think and answer....List all the people who u think u "know" and all the people who u think "know" u. "Know" meaning knowin like the back of your hand, knowing inside out.
Blimey the stats are amazing...I personally have 3 and 3 ppl in both the lists! [:O]
Comments
bas itna ki whtevr u wrote in ur blog is true bt tune kaafi kuch nahi likha... kaafi kuch miss kar diya.
tune bas ek part likha hai lyf ka...
and yah wo 2 types of ppl wala funda is mast!!
neways keep on writin..
Cheers!!
heyyy thanks for commenting altough i almost made u do it :P lol
waise i know i firmly believe in the two type of ppl funda... and i definitely keep writin...promise to keep reading :D
love vands
my list has 5 ppl... on both sides...
hugs!!! muahs!!!
thank u im glad i made sense...
waise u wanted to comment earlier and will explain?...i didn't quite get that milke batana...
hugs to u to sweetie
as for ur list: thos who know me... ummm... 4-5 ppl...
whom i knw: well, loads!! can't bother myself to count!!
see thats what i meant....it is in everybody's life u just need to pay attention.
btw lemme tell ure lucky abt the second stat...
about this blog i must say... quiet an interesting one... we know it but regularly ignore it as unimportant... until we stumble across something like this... keep it up madam :-D
catch u laterz
Quite a 'thot' lady..wil write & give u d stats on types of pple..sure thng ul get tht..ive 2 wrk it out lolol ...[:P]..
@ Kuntal
It ws me whu commntd there on d RV skul nt Vands...mistaken identity oh u wr frm A ir froce im dry i didnt read d whole blog..it ws juz whn i saw d pics n mention of RV skul i gt sum notion..my apologies!!wl read (pakka se read!!) n commnt!!
u can take ur time sweetie...kabhi bhi work out kar lena :P
@kuntal
well i was wonderin who u had mistaken me for...now mads has cleared that out
anyways thanks a lot for visitin here... will read ur blog at leisure after my exams
vands
i just scrapped u...
"kabhi bhi kar le im home for pl ...exams are from 22nd
roz itna time waste hota hai...zyaada sona kam padhna :P
u can call anytime"
dat i knw loads???
but den dey don't knw me well enuf in return!!
yeah u know loads and why i say thats lucky is coz i personally derive a lot of happiness of just knowin ppl very well... and then u have 4 -5 ppl who "know" u... that aint bad.
take care
cheers
ure gonna read it again and again :O...itna bhi well put nahi hai :P
waise im more than glad that i first discussed this with u...coz u know how much better it is when ure tryin to explain something complex and the other person perfectly understands ... :)
u do that for each time and i love it !!!
luv ya too
waise the 4 and 3 ppl...im sure i know names...;)
hugs
But i'm stil thinking bout my list..
U making me think a lot!
still thinkin??
am glad u liked the theory!