Happy Birthday to...
This is an extension of my wishes for a very dear friend of mine on his birthday today....
Happy Birthday Pratham !
Ok me being the crazy person I am I had been plannin for this guy's birthday present for like 6 months...i know it sounds insane. :P
The amount of effort and plannin that went into the gift is something i'm very proud of and I also wanna take the opportunity of thankin some people who've helped me tonnes in pulling it off......Rajat, Rajat, Swati {luv u guys...cudnt have done it without u}, Namita {thanks for Jamie i love it :) }, Shivani {thanks for just puttin up with me and my wierd antics}, Vishesh { ure gr8 buddy...thanks}, Su {i dunno what to thank u for but thanks for lending an ear...}, Chitra {thanks for pullin me out of "writer' trouble at the wrongest time possible} and lastly Bonnie {for everything! and a gr8 idea ;)...now i won't tell which one :P}
Now for what the fateful parcel contained :P :
Dearest Pratham
Can you believe this is our first ever physical correspondence after like
more than a year ... strange na?
Anyways first of all a very Happy Birthday, may you have many more to
come.
Accha without further ado I have to tell you why I drew you that guitar,
what that tiny lil bottle contains and why I'm so proud of my "brilliant
brainwave" [ :D yup thats what your birthday plan is called ... hehe]
Firstly the lil bottle contains red wine and that is for you to keep [I
know you don't drink] as part of the 'ink blot' theory, coz wine is universally
known to become better with time. I drew you a guitar and colored it in ink
(with pens) again as part of the 'ink blot' theory.
There is another reason as well, I dunno if you remember but a picture of a
guitar is what you had given me for the first time on yahoo to put into your
signature on indya, thats why the guitar is extra special. {Btw I hope it came
out well, I'm not too good at drawing. :P}
Now coming to my "brilliant brainwave", it actually came to my mind
sometime in November, I've always kept a separate file for all your penwork, its
just that it struck me that day that I could get a book made and give it to you.
I'm more than sure that you weren't expecting something like this and i soooo
wish that I could see your face right now :)
Oh and the CDs are my favorite music, stuff that you might have heard or
might not have, but its stuff I want you to hear. Actually isme bhi issue tha,
initially I had planned on burning your favorite music for you, anything and
everything you've ever mentioned, but then oh lord although I had pretty much
figured out what I needed to download...it was just impossible to do it in time
and fit into one cd ... lol
Waise as expected I ran out of space on these two Cds as well, I have so
much more left to give you but I guess I'll save that for another occasion
;)
I just hope you're happy with what you got and atleast half as happy as I
am gonna be when you call and tell me your reaction. Incase you hadn't figured
that out you are supposed to do that dodo :P
Oh and honey I'm also giving you the poem I wrote for you in hard copy, I
know you've read it but I want you to have it as keepsake!
There are so many things I wanna say to you right now but words seem to
fail me so I'll just say that I hope you have the best possible year and may it
bring you immense joy. I hope you get the so many things you truly deserve, all
that you desire. Hope you get millions of little pleasures in life so you can
smile through all the lows.
And I hope you always remember that whenever you're happy, whenever you're
sad, its not just you, its me too :) right here ... always here for you!
Also before I run out of ink and time I wanna thank you, [I know you don't
like to hear it], but I still wanna thank you for all the times that you made me
so happy, so happy that it overflowed, for all those times that I smiled crazily
just because I thought of you and for making my life really beautiful coz you're
in it!
Happy Birthday Honey
Loads of Love
Vands
Happy Birthday Pratham !
Ok me being the crazy person I am I had been plannin for this guy's birthday present for like 6 months...i know it sounds insane. :P
The amount of effort and plannin that went into the gift is something i'm very proud of and I also wanna take the opportunity of thankin some people who've helped me tonnes in pulling it off......Rajat, Rajat, Swati {luv u guys...cudnt have done it without u}, Namita {thanks for Jamie i love it :) }, Shivani {thanks for just puttin up with me and my wierd antics}, Vishesh { ure gr8 buddy...thanks}, Su {i dunno what to thank u for but thanks for lending an ear...}, Chitra {thanks for pullin me out of "writer' trouble at the wrongest time possible} and lastly Bonnie {for everything! and a gr8 idea ;)...now i won't tell which one :P}
Now for what the fateful parcel contained :P :
- A book of all the poems he has ever written compiled by me....btw it has my fav picture of him on the cover ... and i remember designing the cover the night before my FCS sessional paper last yr...{hehe I got the highest in that paper }
Heres the cover : http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c247/vandi29/PenworkTitle.jpg
Might I mention that I had to take two bus rides, walk when I was dead sleepy and then try out several printers before Rajat finally stayed back to take the prints for me coz I had to rush back home... - 2 CDs of my favorite music...which again took me ages to compile and I still managed to run out of space... {The killer playlist that i mentioned in "Tagged" post is the English playlist of the first CD} Even this wasn't easy as it sounds ... esp when my cd writer gave way at the eleventh hour and I had to go get it written at my frnds place...even this got delayed coz the day I was supposed to go to her place there was a hailstorm here ...
- A tiny bottle containing red wine corroborating the 'ink blot' theory. The ink blot theory refers to me wanting to give him something that gets better/ deeper/ darker with time, kinda like my love for him .... picture a drop of ink spreadin on paper and u'll know why its called the ink blot theory.
- A picture of a guitar that i drew and colored with pens (ink)
- The poem I wrote for him on 23th August last yr ... written on pink paper. {Its the 7th poem in my post titled "Old Penwork"}
- And lastly a letter stuck to the bubble wrapped things ... which goes something like :
Dearest Pratham
Can you believe this is our first ever physical correspondence after like
more than a year ... strange na?
Anyways first of all a very Happy Birthday, may you have many more to
come.
Accha without further ado I have to tell you why I drew you that guitar,
what that tiny lil bottle contains and why I'm so proud of my "brilliant
brainwave" [ :D yup thats what your birthday plan is called ... hehe]
Firstly the lil bottle contains red wine and that is for you to keep [I
know you don't drink] as part of the 'ink blot' theory, coz wine is universally
known to become better with time. I drew you a guitar and colored it in ink
(with pens) again as part of the 'ink blot' theory.
There is another reason as well, I dunno if you remember but a picture of a
guitar is what you had given me for the first time on yahoo to put into your
signature on indya, thats why the guitar is extra special. {Btw I hope it came
out well, I'm not too good at drawing. :P}
Now coming to my "brilliant brainwave", it actually came to my mind
sometime in November, I've always kept a separate file for all your penwork, its
just that it struck me that day that I could get a book made and give it to you.
I'm more than sure that you weren't expecting something like this and i soooo
wish that I could see your face right now :)
Oh and the CDs are my favorite music, stuff that you might have heard or
might not have, but its stuff I want you to hear. Actually isme bhi issue tha,
initially I had planned on burning your favorite music for you, anything and
everything you've ever mentioned, but then oh lord although I had pretty much
figured out what I needed to download...it was just impossible to do it in time
and fit into one cd ... lol
Waise as expected I ran out of space on these two Cds as well, I have so
much more left to give you but I guess I'll save that for another occasion
;)
I just hope you're happy with what you got and atleast half as happy as I
am gonna be when you call and tell me your reaction. Incase you hadn't figured
that out you are supposed to do that dodo :P
Oh and honey I'm also giving you the poem I wrote for you in hard copy, I
know you've read it but I want you to have it as keepsake!
There are so many things I wanna say to you right now but words seem to
fail me so I'll just say that I hope you have the best possible year and may it
bring you immense joy. I hope you get the so many things you truly deserve, all
that you desire. Hope you get millions of little pleasures in life so you can
smile through all the lows.
And I hope you always remember that whenever you're happy, whenever you're
sad, its not just you, its me too :) right here ... always here for you!
Also before I run out of ink and time I wanna thank you, [I know you don't
like to hear it], but I still wanna thank you for all the times that you made me
so happy, so happy that it overflowed, for all those times that I smiled crazily
just because I thought of you and for making my life really beautiful coz you're
in it!
Happy Birthday Honey
Loads of Love
Vands
Comments
great ideas..... (and thanks to u, now i have to change a few of mine!! was planning on something similar!!)
anywyz, one lucky guys is all i wud say...........
WOAWWWWWWWWWW...jeez.......luvly re..luvd it...Sure Da smthng really is in store 4 u...
Needless 2 say babes luvd each n every line of it......Dilse likhi teri har baat aur jazbat ko hum salaam krte hain...
Keep roxng gal..Luv ya..mwhz>:D<
:big grin: btw he already has got it ... and he loved it
waah waah hindi line in tareef ... thanks sweetie
muah lub ya too
>:D<
@sam
thanks to u too
hmmm if u got any new ideas , im more than glad. :)
waise thank u again for callin him lucky ... i always smile at that.
vands
Vands ur incredible...!!!
thats all i got to say... but truly thts going to be one of the bestest gift i have ever got.
:big smile: :):):)
>:D<
happy birthday again
luv vands
@ pratham
happy bday... :D :D
thanks sweetie...and he did love it :D
and well resources ka toh pata nahi, skills sab mein hote hain...and btw what skills? maine toh sirf likha :P
and yeah thanks again for callin him lucky...as i told sam, i always smile at that :)
hugs!!
vands
he's got vands...."
a rehash of britney's lucky!!
hehe :)
u made me sing the song
everyones callin him lucky ... i so love this :D
and yeah it had to be nice... afterall i thought and planned for so long, waise there are remote chances that he'll ever read the comments on this post again...but its cool!
i know...
i know he loved it :)
thanks for the complis and u deserve credit too
>:D<