Learning to Breathe - I

There again I was busy getting bored outta my head when I didn't absolutely have to study for my exams, watching movies, reading silly romance novels back to back, maybe coz atleast there I'm guaranteed a happy ending... all this while I really should have been getting back to the place I love... here!!
Okay obviously all of u have noticed the url change and the fact that you weren't informed immediately... well lets just say that I couldn't afford to be discovered that easily anymore.
I've got loads of stuff to say, about whats been happenin in my life but its just a lil too overwhelming to spill that much information so I'm gonna go slow...

The MOVE referred to in "Dos" didn't happen on 20th Oct, it got postponed to Wednesday, 22nd and thats when I realised that exactly nothing goes according to plan when you have every reason to believe it will. Murphy's law at its best in live demonstration!
Something I penned on 18th, the same day the internet was disconnected
'Letting Go'
6:07pm 18th Oct

Letting go hasn't been easy...
not that I expected it to be
but maybe I thought I'd have more time
I'd be more ready, more prepared.
Yet I've had to let go
of way too many things
that I held dear
in very less time.
Don't I remember it like just yesterday
the smile never leaving my lips,
not a care in the world
coz I believed reasons for joy to be static
for them to always be there and not change.
My home, my slumber and you...
everythings drifting away
so is another year of my life
and all I want is for
this clock to stop ticking,
this time to stop!
6:14pm

Have you guys seen Khatta Meetha, the old movie with Ashok Kumar and Rakesh Roshan where the large family has to live on the road for sometime? Well check this, thats exactly what I was remembering as I sat on one of those chairs readin a book waiting for our stuff to be loaded into the truck.
Fast forward a lil bit coz I don't wanna dwell too much on how I miss my home terribly and how I don't know what I doin here.
I realized pretty quickly that nothing I said or did would make much of a difference to quicken the pace of things around here, so when I say that I didn't have internet till 6th Nov or the TV set-top box installed before 5th Nov, I'm not kidding! How I survived till then is a mystery to me as well. Only I was extremely irritable, sarcastic and ticking like a bomb threatening to blow at the slightest poke.

To be continued...

PS: Will reply to pending comments and catch up on reading asap.

Comments

Debasish Patra said…
Hey!
U kno, i had figured out the 'url-change' :D

luvd dis,
"the smile never leaving my lips,"

I too have dining table chairs waise:P ...now be back soon ya!
Ashish Surana said…
I hope you are settled in your new home and life should b smooth and running...and yeah....Congrats on getting your life lines.. TV,Internet etc :P
Cяystal said…
When I saw the picture pehle..then I was a bit taken aback :O..:P

No problems baby..take your time,and settle down at your new plc..
And aisa scene Lage raho Munna bhai mei bhi tha! :)

And tht was a cute poem..
Why a URL change though?
Pri said…
heyy i still dint get why u changed the old url :(
neways im sure u have a very good reason to do so...

hope u get back to blogging with even more zest than before :)
we missed ya!
Lena said…
you sound pretty much sad.. hope to see you back with more smiles and things will go good at the new place, dear :)

take good care!
omg! are things okay?? things are kinda the same with me bout the overwhelming stuff i wanna write about but cant get myself to change my url..the drifting away part was well... sad. is it just ur house ur leaving or sumthing more serious happened?
missed u a lot!
take care sweetie
hugz
Urv said…
Am so glad it was just a url change. Yes, immediate informing of the same would have been really good.. Khair jo beet gaya, so beet gaya..

//coz I believed reasons for joy to be static

Loved this line..

come back full josh mein soon soon :)
Ekta said…
ahh...so ur also going thru the home change spree!
i just went thru that nightmare...hope u settle soon in ur new home!
man in painting said…
Changes bring good things too..Let this change bring good things to you..
wishes..
Meghna said…
Hello vandita di....sorry a bit late to stop by :P

Heartiest wishes....pic toh badi acchi hai! Inviting me over?? ;)

aur bolo.....sab theek??

BTW y the url change....thgh I didnt recognize it....it looks so back to normal!
Jack said…
Vandita,

I had been tied up in this and that so the delay in visit. Nice that you have settled down. Shifting residence does cause a lot of inconvience as you have to again look for all necessities outlets. Hope to read more soon. It was a nice poem.

Thanks for your visit, please keep visiting as it is entirely my pleasure.

Take care
Sameera Ansari said…
Change is essential in life,and it's life's way of telling us to move on.I am sure you will feel lighter & brighter in no time dear.

*Hugs*
Iriz said…
I thought I lost you there! New URL.

Soon you'll enjoy the new feel.

Embrace change.

Take care! ;0)
Ankur said…
is the url change is coz of this... :P
so hows u doing ms??
busy hainn???
abhi said…
wen some'thing' leaves...there's always a new 'thing' to replace it...

nd lettin go that 'thing' is\was d only solution
sooner or later you realize...


cudn't help droppin by...liked d poem.
Lena said…
Happy New Year dear :)
Sameera Ansari said…
Happy New Year sweetie :)

Where are you?Hope everything is alright.

Popular posts from this blog

Fleeting Thought & Complicated Truth

Random Update & Artwork

Dreaming…Eyes wide open