Small Mercies

Small mercies, tiny joys that are always there, we're just too busy to notice sometimes :)
  • raindrops sliding down the windowpane in the cafeteria.
  • smiling to yourself like a buffoon on readin Deb's email right in the morning.
  • imagining him in his kindergarden night suit and laughing.
  • reading an inherently sad book and feeling like life could've been worse, uttering a silent thanks that it isn't.
  • having someone who knows you so well that your heart brims over everytime you realize it.
  • having to take a holiday and making shopping lists.
  • dreaming of drops of heaven dipped in butter.
  • recovering from sudden bouts of nostalgia and pain, and smiling at the irony that is life.

Essentially the whole world around can crumble to sand, leaving you all alone to gather the dust; the beautiful chapters of your life can suddenly catch fire and be burnt to ash, leaving black soot on your hands and your heart; all can be completely wrong and you can feel like the deliberate victim of some cosmic conspiracy; but even then these lil moments fly by like errant strands of hair in the wind and all you can do then is thank God for the small mercies in life. :)

Comments

Jack said…
Vandita,

Too true. We are so caught up with our hussle bussle that we do not see something which is just ordinary but can bring smile on our face making our faith go up by leaps and bounds.

Take care

PS : You know spanish? I could translate second line "Because I am in love with LOVE" as my spanish has become very rusty now.
Debasish Patra said…
If mails have these awesome repercussions on you, I should write more often then ;)

Small mercies are lovely! I wish you have loads of them.

:)
kknundy said…
I've been reading your posts for over a year. I wait patiently for the far and in between posts, really gladdened by the sudden spurt that is now. I really like your writing, for more reasons than I would care to say. Still, a major one would be the intense feel contained in such brevity. The few lines you use to describe those small mercies we all look ahead to just adds reading your creations to that list.

Happy writing
~kknundy.
IncorrigibleV said…
@Jack
Exactly moments like that that make life worth the trouble...it also reminds me of a song 'Little Moments like that' by Brad Paisley :)
@PS: Nope I don't really 'know' Spanish, want to learn though. I mostly use the translator and know a few words to get by. The first line means 'Life is beautiful for me each day'
IncorrigibleV said…
@Deb
Lol totally :)
I wish the same for you Deb, small mercies and much more... >:D<
IncorrigibleV said…
@kknundy
Wow, I had no idea that I had silent readers. I'm so glad you commented, it feels great and it made my evening even more pleasurable when I read your comment.
Thanks so much for the kind words, I hope to keep up with writing so you don't have to wait too long for my posts :)
Iriz said…
i couldn't disagree...this is such a nice post. little mercies that we tend to overlook in this busy world. we just have to be keen and be thankful for little things. now that could make a big difference.

have a great day! :)
IncorrigibleV said…
@iriz
Hey, long time :)
Right, being thankful is the key. From appreciation comes happiness :)

Take care.

Popular posts from this blog

Fleeting Thought & Complicated Truth

Random Update & Artwork

Dreaming…Eyes wide open