The Inevitable Goodbye
This post is dated Sunday, 3rd May 2009
Yesterday was the last day of life as I knew it and today is the first day of the rest of my life.
I had my last practical exam yesterday, my last day in college and besides the odd hour before my viva in the morning the entire day was heavy like dust suspended in air. I know I'm prolly still gonna see my friends again but it'll never be the same. Without the chaos of college, copying tutorials, editing practicals to make them look different, missin the first lecture almost always coz I was never on time, the frantic revising (studying) mere minutes before exams, the nervous yet confident energy before each and every presentation, the kachori and paranthas at the canteen, the chitchat with the photocopier at Sharma Point, the stark contrast that came about from being "i don't wanna be late for class" to "i couldn't care less about attending class" :P...days of our lives are gonna be very different. A whole new reality awaits us and that's exactly what the pregnant silence was screaming out yesterday.
There's so much to say yet words fail me. All I can go back to sayin is that I'll miss everyone and everything an awful lot. My life was brighter and happier and happening coz of the 4 years, that now seem to have flown past at record speed, I spent in college.
I'll miss my teachers and classmates for the unforgettable antics that were so typical of each one of em. And I'll always be just a click away...I promise.
Hugs to CSE 09. All the best to each one of you.
Special hugs to Ankuj(aka Dunut), Rajat, Doli, Namita, Swati, Su, Lov, Kartik, Ashish, Prateek and Vishesh. Thanks for everything guys. :)
Check out the 'Words I can wear and smile' below, graffiti on my tee by various artists :D
10:55am
Goodbyes are always sad
What can be happy about realizing that
what you thought was your whole life
was just a slice of the pie
that, which was gobbled up by the cat last night
and now all you're left with is its place on the plate.
I hate when things disperse
like pieces of paper
pinned in different corners
never to form a whole page again,
of stories, moments and memories.
As I turn the date wheel on my calendar
I realise that the days gone by,
though never forgotten will never come back
A scary thought, it is
kinda like beginning my life anew
the difference being that this time,
it won't comprise of YOU !
11:07am
Yesterday was the last day of life as I knew it and today is the first day of the rest of my life.
I had my last practical exam yesterday, my last day in college and besides the odd hour before my viva in the morning the entire day was heavy like dust suspended in air. I know I'm prolly still gonna see my friends again but it'll never be the same. Without the chaos of college, copying tutorials, editing practicals to make them look different, missin the first lecture almost always coz I was never on time, the frantic revising (studying) mere minutes before exams, the nervous yet confident energy before each and every presentation, the kachori and paranthas at the canteen, the chitchat with the photocopier at Sharma Point, the stark contrast that came about from being "i don't wanna be late for class" to "i couldn't care less about attending class" :P...days of our lives are gonna be very different. A whole new reality awaits us and that's exactly what the pregnant silence was screaming out yesterday.
There's so much to say yet words fail me. All I can go back to sayin is that I'll miss everyone and everything an awful lot. My life was brighter and happier and happening coz of the 4 years, that now seem to have flown past at record speed, I spent in college.
I'll miss my teachers and classmates for the unforgettable antics that were so typical of each one of em. And I'll always be just a click away...I promise.
Hugs to CSE 09. All the best to each one of you.
Special hugs to Ankuj(aka Dunut), Rajat, Doli, Namita, Swati, Su, Lov, Kartik, Ashish, Prateek and Vishesh. Thanks for everything guys. :)
Check out the 'Words I can wear and smile' below, graffiti on my tee by various artists :D
Comments
You will surely miss ur college life n friends the most, that is once in a life time experience;
I miss mine too,the hostel life and college fun :(
All The best for life ahead :).. its not that bad either !!!
Take care. Hugs.
These are the days which you will remember always. Keep fond memories which will bring back smile on your face even in most difficult times.
May I request you for your views on my latest 2 posts?
Take care
anywyz, at the risk of repeating myself... cheer up!! u had the best years of your life, n somehow its from here that you'll draw a lot of your strength as u deal with the intricate complexities of life. you are soon going to be thrown of the deep end of the pool. if u r moving out of delhi, going to live on your own, you would also mature in leaps n bounds, n 3 years down the line wud look back n wonder at the gril who graduated n the woman u wud then be.
its a threshold, a rite of passage. cherish it!!
wow... T shirt with so much.. ur life long memory :)
my blogs missin ya :((
:P
and wtf! you stopped visiting my blog.. You're one among the few visitors who visit my blog now and then..
Wish u good luck for ur exams and hope u will be a regular here soon!! :)
Cheers!!
PS: me shifted here
The Colors Magazinedo drop by when you get a moment :)